Wrap Ed Facilitator Full Time Employment Opportunity Job ID: 19-018EJHS
Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) is a CARF accredited community based crime prevention organization that has been operating in Edmonton since 1949. Our mission is “through our programs and services we work to prevent crime and to help people affected by crime”.
The Edmonton John Howard Society provides the following:
• Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
• Service recognition and employee awards
• Professional Development opportunities
• Staff teambuilding and appreciation days
• Competitive health, dental and RRSP benefits
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength based approach. If your values are aligned with our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider joining our team.
Edmonton John Howard and REACH Edmonton, in partnership with 3 other youth serving agencies work in a collaborative approach to preventing/reducing youth violence and risk of gang involvement in Edmonton. The youth will be between 12 and 17 years of age - specifically, Indigenous and refugee youth that present risk factors associated with criminological behaviours linked with gang activity.
• Deliver ongoing services using a High Fidelity Wrap Around, client centered, strength based approach consistent with program philosophy
• Work with clients to develop safety plans, identify individual goals and encourage youth to engage in a healthy lifestyle
• Role model life skills, social skills, communication skills, self-advocacy and conflict resolution
• Facilitate meetings with youth and their identified supports
• Assist youth in completing applications for additional services
• Provide referrals including addictions, housing options, education, day programs and other community resources as appropriate
• Maintain and monitor all file documentation as per High Fidelity Wrap Around Model and program/agency policy
• Maintain accurate and timely data collection, data entry and completion of any program assessments and surveys as per agency and program policy
• Assist with front desk duties including answering phones
Qualifications / Skills:
• Diploma in human services field with 2 years’ experience working with high risk youth
• Experience with High Fidelity Wrap Around Model
• Professionalism within all aspects of employment and able to contribute to a strong team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a fast paced, high work volume program
• Strong knowledge of addictions, mental health and community resources
• Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and $2 million liability insurance
• General computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Criminal Record Check, Enhanced Reliability and Child Intervention Check
Conditions of Employment: The Wrap Ed Program is part of Youth Support Service within Adult and Youth Support Services. The Wrap Ed Facilitator will work out of the office located at 10010-105 Street. This is an outreach position where the worker will be required to be in the community assisting the youth, meeting with community partners and other youth serving agencies. There may be times where the Wrap Ed Facilitator will have to work evenings and weekends to best meet the needs of the youth.
Salary: The starting salary is $ 45,600 annually, with a competitive benefits package available upon successful completion of the probationary period.
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter by June 25, 2019 to: email@example.com Please include 19-018EJHS, Wrap Ed Facilitator in the Subject Line of the email. Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter.
Safety and harmony in our community
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds